Someone's In The Kitchen With Moozie

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Sesame Beef with Bamboo Shoots


I miss going to the Saigon Bistro. I believe I shall kick and scream on Monday until I get to go. When I get there, I'm probbaly going to have this.

3 tbs oil
12 oz. thinly sliced beef sirloin
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 spring onions, cut into 1 inch lengths
8 oz. bamboo shoots, thinly sliced
1 tbs fish sauce
1 tbs oyster sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons sesame seeds, dry roasted

Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Stir fry the beef until it changes color. Remove beef from pan, set aside. Heat the remaining oil in the pan, stir fry the garlic, spring onions and bamboo shoots for 2 -3 minutes. Add the fish sauce, oyster sauce, salt and pepper, then return the beef to the pan. Stir fry for another 3 minutes or so, until beef is cooked and tender. Serve with steamed rice.

The best thing about this dish? It's super quick - just 20 minutes from prep to table!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home