Someone's In The Kitchen With Moozie

Saturday, July 29, 2006

I need chocolate...


So I'm going to go upstairs and make this while I start the next round of cooking. I got this recipe from my friend Julsy some years ago - Five Minute Magical Microwave Fudge:

1 pound chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli's Double Chocolate Chips)
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk!)
4 tbs butter
2 tbs peppermint extract (or rum or Kahlua or whatever flavoring gets you going)

Combine all ingredients in a 9 x 9 glass baking dish. Stir well, then microwave on high for about 5 minutes. Stir well about halfway through the cooking process - chocolate chips do not lose their shape when they get melty unless you stir them up.

Allow to cool to room temperature, then stash it in the fridge for a couple hours before cutting.

Voila, Julsy's Five Minute Magical Microwave Fudge!

3 Comments:

  • Heh, I had thought I signed up as a sponsor too late to request something, and when I saw that you were taking requests, was just going to ask for "something with chocolate." Shoulda known...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 PM  

  • Oooh, fudge. You know the way to my heart.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 PM  

  • *wishing I'd purchased some sweetened condensed milk at the grocery store today*

    I know what's going on my shopping list next week!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home