Someone's In The Kitchen With Moozie

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hummous b Tahini

Our next Mediterranean treat comes at Ernie's request. The kid could live on this stuff!

1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained (you can try to be a badass and soak and boil dried ones, but I really don't recommend it)
2 cups tahini (sesame paste)
1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic
juice of two fresh lemons
sumac to garnish

Toss the garlic into the food processor and pulse until well minced. Add the chickpeas and lemon juice, then process til crumbly.



Add the tahini and process til smooth. Depending on the tahini, it may be rather thick, so if you're having trouble getting it to smooth out, thin it with a little water or more lemon juice if you like your hummous tart.

Garnish with sumac, serve with pita.


2 Comments:

  • Oooo, I love hummous! Are you going to do baba ganoush?!

    When we get back into town I will have to try out some of your recipes. You're making me hungry.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:16 PM  

  • I crave hummous (hummus?) but can never seem to find tahini! Does my Kroger hide it or something? I cannot wait to try this recipe!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home