Someone's In The Kitchen With Moozie

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hey Laura?


How's this for a cake?

Over in the Blogathon forum, HellKitten, who is blogging for the Canadian Cancer Society, posted a super cool cake recipe. Go on over and say hello!

This is apparently her great-grandmother's recipe, and does it ever sound tasty!

I absolutely MUST make this cake this week!

Maple-Brown Sugar Cake

Brown Sugar Cake:
1/2 cup marg. or mazola oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp vanilla or Mapeline (mapeline is best)
4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk

Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg. Sift in flour.
Add baking powder and salt alternating with milk.
Bake at 325 for 40 minutes.

Icing for Brown sugar cake:

1 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp milk
a few drops of Mapleine

No, I'd never heard of Mapleine either, but I went looking for it and found it here

Dear gods, I want cake now. Because I haven't been eating all day. Not at all.

3 Comments:

  • Woot! Pie AND cake! Thankyas very muchly. ^^

    I can foresee I'm going to have to give my poisoning... er... cooking skills a whirl again, soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Deb, at 12:03 AM  

  • My husband was blessed to get a kidney from his brother and survived his diabetic induced kidney failure 12 additional years. All my best to you in supporting this great cause! Great blog to....lovin it! ;)

    By Blogger Deb, at 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home